Title: Being & Non-Being in Occult Experience Volume 1: The Book of the Law (Liber AL vel Legis)
Author: IAN C. EDWARDS PHD
Publisher: Atramentous Press
Edition: Hardback Limited to 333 copies
In Volume I, the author, in his participatory epistemological encounter with Liber AL vel Legis, writes the Abyss into manifestation by transforming speech acts into magickal acts; moving from Idea to Form and from Form to Idea in a circular, bidirectional fashion. Herein lies a “key” to understanding the Cosmos’ own emergence from and disappearance into the Abyss; the becoming of Somethingness from No-thingness; the One from the None; the Logos in an eternal dialogue with the Void.
Only the heretic, the seer, the sorcerer can hold this “key”. This is a path not for the many but for the few, as this heresy is structural and methodological; a negation of all systems that are anti-organic; systems that highlight static notions of being and non-being at the expense of becoming. The Book of the Law embodies its soul into the reader, incarnating itself with each spoken or unspoken utterance, transforming itself in the act of reading, so that subject and object are inverted, displacing self and other through an engagement with radical alterity
The Book of the Law affirms an absence that erases the “who” or “what” we understand to be the subject in favor of an otherness that becomes the subject’s own most possibility for becoming; the dialectic between non-being and being as the place of presence.
The author shows how The Book of the Law is a Book of Love, a Book that tells a story; a unique mythology which describes the intimate relationship between Being and Non-Being through the use of signifiers that present and represent a myriad of archetypal images and universal notions; all the while inviting its readers to embrace the totality of the Law itself. The Law is for All because Love is All and the All is Love.
· Time, Infinity, and the Ontology of No Difference
· Ouroboric Consciousness and The Summons to Love and be Loved
· The “I am” and the Circle of Becoming, Baphomet and Trans-Gender Metaphysics
· The Void: The Unity of Non-Being and Being
· The Great Mother and the Ontology of Creation
· Three Grades of Being: A Thelemic Typology of Consciousness
· Lust of Result as a Way of Being-Toward-the-World
· The Holy Whore’s Tantra
· The One Beyond God and the Void Beyond the One: Transcendental Atheism
· Liberating the Mystery from the Trappings of Karma
· And much more!
***Be prepared to experience The Book of the Law like never before!
Out of stock